Friday, September 3, 2010

About Me

In the beginning of my life, I lived in a military household, with a DI for a father. During that time, from age 0 to 12, my family was relatively happy, even with the constant moving. After 12, my parents divorced, I moved from one family to the other every semester, which meant every 6 weeks at one point, and learned to live in a suite case. Because of the divorce, income in both families were cut in half, even more for my father due to medical problems and having to leave the service. As soon as I turned 18, I joined the Navy, and spent 4 of my 6 years in service in Iraq, Afghanistan, or patrolling the Sea of Japan. In essence, I come from a military culture, have seen the world (except for Antarctica and South America), and have survived just about everything this world has to throw at someone.

Now, at 29, I am happily married to a wonderful woman, and we will soon have our first little one pooping and peeing in our faces. My wife is due June 6th 2011. We can't wait!

I have a Bachelor's in Mathematics from the University of Alaska Southeast, and am now working on a Masters of Arts in Teaching. I teach Algebra II, and Precalculus under the tutelage of Kent Mearig. Every day I learn something new, about my students, about my content, about teaching, and about life. By the end of my time as a MAT student, I hope not only to have mastered the content of teaching, but also have mastered the art... of thieving... er.. teaching... yes... teaching...

No comments:

Post a Comment