Friday, December 17, 2010

Philosophy of Education Movie

Here's a short movie about my philosophy of education. Currently the credits are a bit off as I didn't reference one of the images to an olympic bronze medalist named Louis Smith. Fortunately there is a link available to the location where I stole... er... borrowed the image. If the website has any problems with me using Mr. Smith's image for the philosophy of ed video, I have no qualms with pulling it. Thanks Mr. Smith for all the hard work you put into gymnastics, and being a role model for students everywhere.

 Louis Smith Webpage

And here is the location where my video can be found:

Mr. O'Neil's Philosophy of Ed Video

(at the time of this log post I was still at TMHS, so didn't have access to youtube. I will change the credits as soon as I get home)

Using Windows LIVE Movie Maker was an eye opening experience for me, considering the ammount of time it takes to find, upload, and arrange pictures to match the music and voiceover was staggering. A 2 min video took several hours to complete. However, the experience was good, especially in an age where you can become a celebrity by creating YouTube Videos and putting them on the web. (Think Ted Williams.) Knowing how, and when, to use Movie Maker, or any other video editing software, can help put students, and teachers, into a realm where the things taught have relevance, and thus make it easier to teach.
In the meantime, take care over Christmas Break, and enjoy the winter weather!
  

2 comments:

  1. Posted this on my blog this morning: http://mathfour.com/general/5-philosophies-of-teaching-math

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime! Though be warned, I might "steal" some of your stuff to!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete